Saturday, April 5, 2014

Patience is a virtue . . .

. . . that I do not possess. Things I am impatient about:

  • Healing from my divorce. I'm so done with thinking about it!  Some days it consumes my thoughts. It has been four months since the decision was made. Three months since I moved out.  Two months since it was legally finalized. I want it to be a tiny bad memory that barely enters my mind, and quickly dissipates. Enough!
  • My ex- husband telling me things I don't need to know. "I love my new girlfriend."  "I think I will eventually marry her."  "We have SO much in common."  "She is SO fun."  And perhaps my favorite, "We have great sex."  What?! What would possess him to tell me those things?  I don't give a rip about his new love life!  Enough!
  • Weight loss. I've been eating healthy, balanced meals, within a 1200 calorie daily limit. I've been exercising for a week. I can see a tiny difference in the way my clothes fit. Why am I not thin and fit yet?  Realistically I know that it took much longer than 2 weeks for my body to look the way it does, yet I frown each time I look at my physique. Enough!
  • My two year old acting like a two year old. I'm so tired of telling him not to bite, push, and kick people. Finished with cleaning up purposely spilled Gatorade, chocolate milk, yogurt, and any food item. Done with the pulling me down when he is holding my hand and supposed to be walking. Had it with giving him what he's asked for only for him to respond with screams. Enough!
I've got to get it together and practice purposeful patience. If I don't, I'm going to lose it. By lose it, I mean my mind. If no one hears from my for a week, please investigate. There's a good probability I'm sitting in the corner of my closet with my arms wrapped around my knees rocking back and forth mumbling to myself like a psych ward patient. 

I need patience. But in the words of the great philosopher, Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that."

2 comments:

  1. I'll come looking for you - with wine in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoy light, sweet white wines ;)

      Delete