Saturday, March 15, 2014

Things I never thought I'd say . . .

When you aren't a parent, things you think you might say as a parent may include:  "Please clean up your toys." "It's bedtime." or "Don't run in the house."

Now that I've been a parent for 8 years, I've found myself saying things I never thought I'd say . . .

  • Don't stick your finger in the doggie's butt.
  • Take your hand out of the toilet.
  • You may NOT eat the dryer sheets.
  • Don't put your hands in your pants.
  • Please don't head-butt mommy. 
  • My shirt is not a tissue.
  • Don't lick my shoes.
  • Put the sump pump pipe back.
  • We do NOT throw forks.
  • Put the poop down (as in dog poop in the yard).
  • Stop pouring spaghetti on the dog.
  • Chocolate milk is for drinking, not for painting.
  • I do not want to eat your booger.
  • Take my bra off your head.
  • You cannot eat your sucker after you stick it to the dog.
And most recently:
  • You may not wear your cowboy boots to bed.


(I should mention that all of the above are things I've had to say to my son.  He is a character, to say the least.)

2 comments:

  1. I have also said many of these things. Currently, you make the mess, you clean the mess. And, if you can't carry it, you can't bring it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is as comical as it is maddening.

    ReplyDelete