Saturday, March 8, 2014

I've misplaced my bookmark . . .

There are many chapters of a person's life. A new chapter might begin with a celebration such as a graduation, new career, or the birth of a baby. Other chapters aren't met with anticipation, like the death of a loved one or a divorce.

Regardless of the chapter, I believe there is always something to learn and an opportunity for growth.

I'm starting a new chapter in my life. It is one of the latter ones I mentioned. One I didn't meet with excitement or anticipation. It is a chapter that starts with getting divorced. There are already highlights to the chapter such as getting a new home and renewing old friendships.  But there have definitely been low points - feelings of rejection, depression, and sadness.

I'm not sure how this blog will go. If it follows the path of my recent weeks, one day I might post about the great turquoise tea kettle I found at World Market, and the next day I might be voicing the displeasure of my recent label of "37 year-old divorced mother of 2."  Realistically I will probably post photos of my Golden Retriever and silly things my 2 year old says.

Either way, it's my new chapter, and I hope to learn, grow, and become stronger as it continues.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! Can't wait to hear about the tea kettle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloggers unite! Now we know at least someone is reading our blogs.

    ReplyDelete